Payment Methods: EBT/SNAP, Market Bucks, Credit/Debit, WIC & FMNP
For Credit/Debit Cards:
To use your Credit/Debit card, also come to the market information booth and we’ll give you $5 tokens to be spent at the market. These tokens do not expire until the end of the market season, so you can save them for another day OR spending them that day. There is no fee to use your Credit/Debit Card. FOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ONLY: you will receive change back from the vendor if you do not spend the full $5. These tokens can be spent on anything at the market!
We accept SNAP/EBT at the farmers market!
1. Go to the Information Booth at the farmers market.
2. Swipe your EBT card for the amount you want to spend. We’ll match your purchase dollar-for-dollar, up to $10.
3. Get $10* in free Market Bucks, and $10* free in Produce Market Bucks.
4. Shop for up to $30 of SNAP-eligible food and produce at the farmers market.
*Up to $10 per market visit. You do not have to spend the full $10 each time.
1. Visite la puesta de información en el mercado de agricultores
2. Pase la tarjeta EBA para el valor que desea gastar. Igualaremos su compra dólar por dólar, hasta $10.
3. Puede recibir $10 en Market Bucks gratis, y $10 gratis en Produce Market Bucks.
4. Compre hasta 4. $30 de comida y productos elegibles para SNAP en el mercado de agricultores
*Hasta $10 por cada visita al mercado. No es necesario gastar todos los $10 cada vez.The EBT and Market Buck Program is administrated through Hunger Solutions MN.
What can I buy with my EBT tokens, and Market Bucks?
- Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
- Honey and Maples Syrup
- Jams, Jellies and Sauces
- Bread and other Baked Goods
- Cheese, eggs, and other Dairy Products
- Meat products (meat, fish, poultry)
- Seeds and Plants that produce food (ex. basil seeds or tomato plants)
What can I buy with Produce Market Bucks?
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs
- Canned vegetables or fruits – As long these are processed with no added salt, sugar, oils, or fats.
- Dried vegetables or fruits – As long as they are dried without any added salt, sugar, oils, or fats.
- Fresh & dried mushrooms
To determine if you qualify for EBT call the MN Food Helpline a part of Hunger Solutions MN at 1-888-711-1151 or visit http://www.hungersolutions.org/give-help/minnesota-food-helpline/
Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) Checks:
Our May-October market also accepts FMNP vouchers. To use, bring your vouchers and look for produce vendors who display a colorful sign reading “Farmers Market Nutrition Program Checks Accepted Here.”
NOTE: Only produce vendors may accept your FMNP checks. Eligible vendors will display an FMNP sign. Vendors opt-in to this program, which means that not all of our produce vendors are eligible to take FMNP as payment. Just ask at the market information booth, or look for the FMNP posters at each participating vendor booth! (WIC checks are no longer eligible to be accepted at farmers markets, starting in 2018.)