Motor Vehicle and Passports
Face masks are encouraged inside all City of Richfield buildings.
6700 Portland Avenue, Richfield, MN 55423
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Please arrive by 2:30 to ensure service)
Check in at Information Desk!
Passports - Appointment Only
Passport appointments are needed for new passport applicants and those who need to renew a 5-year passport or their passport was issued more than 15 years ago. If you are renewing a 10-year passport, you will mail the DS-82 application to the US Department of State. Please visit their website for more information on renewing your passport.
Schedule your passport appointment online! One time slot is needed for one applicant. If you have three people that need passports, three appointment slots are needed. We only schedule out two weeks at a time. New passport appointments will become available each week on Monday.
When your appointment has been scheduled please bring:
- Passport form DS-11 filled out completely with black ink for all applicants
- Proof of Citizenship (If Birth Certificate or Naturalization, the original and a photocopy, we can make a photocopy for $0.25)
- Driver's License for Identification of Applicant or Parents (along with a front and back photocopy, we can make a photocopy for $0.25)
- Personal Check or Money Order for the amount for the Passport Book and/or Passport Card and/or Expedited Processing
For any other questions or emergency passports, visit the National Passport Information Center, U.S. Department of State or call 1-877-487-2778. To make an appointment at the Minneapolis Passport Agency (only if you have travel plans within 4 weeks), visit their Online Passport Appointment System. To find another office, visit the US Department of State's website.
Limited Driver's License/ID Services
We do not renew, offer knowledge/skills exams, photos, or reinstatement payments.
We process limited driver's license/ID services including:
- Replacements (lost or stolen)
- Change of Address (For Replacements Only)
We do ask applicants to fill out the pre-application that is available on the DVS website.
**NOTE** If you are a new Minnesota resident, a first time applicant, need to renew, or want to upgrade to a Real ID or Enhanced ID, please visit the DVS website to find another location.
Below is a short list of services that we provide:
- Vehicle Registration Renewals
- DNR Watercraft, OHV, or Snowmobile Registration Renewals and Transfers
- Title Transfer Transactions (If it is an out of state vehicle, a PS2000 - Application to Title/Reg will be needed)
- Duplicate Title or Registration Card (Duplicate Title/Reg Card Application) - $20.50 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received; Duplicate Titles will be mailed to the customer)
- Duplicate Standard Plates (Duplicate Plates Application) - $26.50 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received plates)
- Duplicate Stickers (Duplicate Stickers Application) - $12.50 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received stickers)
- Change of Plates (new or different style; Critical Habitat or Specialized Plates)
For other DVS/Deputy Registrar offices and more information, please visit the State of Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services website.